I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Winter/Valentine's in the Powder Room 2018

Welcome!!

Sorry I have been missing in action but with Joe falling and fracturing a rib and now having what could possibly be 3 bones fractured in his left wrist, it has been a busy week filled with Dr.'s visits and of course, I also worked a 3 day stretch......

Joe is feeling better as far as the rib fracture goes and now has his left wrist splinted for at least 3-4 weeks so that means he is not able to work at his part time job as a cashier at Wegman's right now......

He will be Xrayed in 2 weeks to see of the bones in his wrist look better or worse which we are told can happen with wrist fractures.......

Today, I will finally be sharing how I changed over the Powder Room from Christmas to Winter and Valentine's decorations......

As I have mentioned before, I leave up Valentine's decor for almost the entire month of February as it has been deemed American Heart Month by the American Heart Association.......

But first, I want to Thank Bev, over at Eclectic Red Barn , and the other hosts of the Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop for featuring my post, Pink Valentine's Decor in the Dining Room, as one of the Very Popular posts from last week's party!!
Thanks so much to:
Bev, Eclectic Red Barn
Sinea, Ducks'n a Row 
Marilyn, Marilyn's Treats
Mom's Resource
Tammy, My Life Abundant
Jennifer, Engineer Mommy
2JustBYou
Lynn, Turnips 2 Tangerines
Cindy, Simple Steps fro Living Life

Please stop by this lovely party and link up!!

I decorate the Powder Room for Christmas and Winter mainly with Snow Buddies.......

I removed anything having to do with Christmas from the Powder Room.........

And I added a few Valentine's touches.......

Over by the sink.......
I added a red bottle brush tree with a ruffled heart trim around the pot to this shelf.....
2 silver hearts hang from the shelf.......
I used an Amazon gift card to buy this set of 3.........


Here's where I used them.........

This one hangs  next to a Valentine's wreath that I made......
I hung another one by the sink......
You can also see that I added these plates on the sink for Winter along with the Soap sign......

I made a few changes over here in the corner.......
You may remember Joe bought this in Bed, Bath and Beyond after Christmas......
 Here it is on top of this shelf unit.....
I removed any ornaments from the Tree that had to do with Christmas........
And added red and silver heart ornaments.....
I changed some things around on this shelf and added a Valentine Snow Buddy......
Another Valentine Snow Buddy and a vase with red roses grace the top of this stand.....
"The Queen of Everything"
I replaced the Santa's on the glass shelves with 2 silver Mercury Glass battery operated Trees.......
And tucked red roses into the greenery.......
I also added another red bottle brush tree to the top of this shelf.....
And replaced some Snow Buddies with some Valentine's ones ......
A Mercury Glass Silver heart was added here.....
Hearts were hung from the sconces......
And a Valentine's Wreath that I made was hung on the door......
  In the hallway from the Living Room to the Kitchen, on the mirror........
Hangs a Heart Wreath that I made........
Along with a heart plaque......
And a Winter one that I also made.....
And that finishes up my Winter and Valentine's Decorations.............

Next week, I will start to take down my Winter and Valentine's decorations.........

In my next post, I will be doing something I wanted to do for some time.......

Sharing my thoughts on whether I am going to continue to Blog or not......

So I hope you will be back to visit again soon.......

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......
  I am linking up to these parties:


THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
Create and Celebrate Blog Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Feathered Nest Friday
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Sweet Inspirations Link Party
    Awesome Life Friday
 
 SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks
Share It One More Time Inspiration Party


SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
Nifty Thrifty Sunday

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Reader Tip Tuesday Party
Keep in Touch Party

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase


Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

7 comments:

  1. The big red rose wreath on the mirror is just gorgeous! And, the Valentine snow buddies are the cutest thing ever!
    You have really had a week, haven't you! Hope you get good news about Joe's wrist....will keep him (and you) in my prayers. hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every single decor is wonderful. I'll keep Joe in my prayers
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to read about the Hubby's injuries!!!! Hope he's recovering, cause I know how much he loves Wegman's! And I look forward to your blog post . . thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joe is doing much better now but still unable to return to work for at least another week or 2. Thanks so much for visiting!! I could not get in touch with you any other way so I am respomding here..
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing your pretty powder room at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks lovely in here Debbie. Love your heart baubles :) Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays, hope you can join us for the Wednesday blog hop or on Friday for the weekend blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear of your husband's fall and injuries. I hope he heals much quicker than anticipated! Thank you for sharing you lovely room with us at Party in Your PJ. I love seeing what you've been up to!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...