I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Summer Kitchen , Part 1, 2017

Welcome!!

I want to share a few changes I made in the Kitchen for the Summer........

For those of you who visit here often, you have seen this wall in my Kitchen before.......
A few years ago when we remodeled the downstairs, the Kitchen finally got new flooring, new counter tops, a new sink, a new light fixture, was painted and a new border was added.

I finally felt the Kitchen looked like the Country Victorian Kitchen, with a touch of Vintage, that I always wanted.....
I am particularly proud of this piece that I made out of a desk that I bought for $10.00 at a yard sale and a hutch from a bedroom set that I bought at a flea market for $5.00!!!

I painted it white and red to match the Kitchen.......
  In this post, I am going to be sharing the top half of this wall above the chair rail.......
We'll start over on the left side.......
The red shelf was made from scrap lumber by my Father when we first got married......
I do like to collect Vintage Kitchen items........

On this shelf is a vintage canister set and a meat grinder, which reminds me of the kind that my Mom used for chopping the nuts for Polish nut roll and my Dad used to make his own Kielbasi for Christmas and Easter........
 A vintage sifter, that was my Mother's, hangs from a reproduction vintage style hook........

The copper pieces were bought at yard sales and estate sales over 30+ years ago and now, I am pleased to see copper is making a come back, even though it was never out of style in my Kitchen......
The phone is a reproduction that actually worked before we changed our phone service over to the cable company......

A vintage apron hangs on the side of the shelf......
I used to have the bulletin board here but it got in the way of the Tree that I place here for Christmas and Winter so I moved it over to the other side of the hutch.....

I then moved the Victorian style Coca Cola picture over to this side.....

Hanging from the lid of an enamel ware container that I have hung and use as a magnetic board, is a copy of an advertisement for a local food market from the 1940's........
  Get a load out of those prices!!!
 Let's take a look at the hutch.......
 The top shelf of the hutch......
 Hanging on the wall are 2 Home Interiors pictures along with some vintage items on the top of the hutch.......
Vintage wire baskets, salt and pepper shakers and egg cups.....

The top shelf....
The "Sweet Rolls" rolling pin was bought at Michael's several years ago......
More vintage items including the bowl and vintage canning jars......
I know "Farmhouse" Style is now the big thing in decorating but to be frank, I admire it in other people's houses but it is not my style.......

However, Chickens and Roosters have been part of my Kitchen decor for the past 38 years!!
The jar is filled with vintage and reproduction cookie cutters......
I have used candles with wax tipped bulbs for ambient lighting in the hutch and on the shelves that flank the hutch......
The bottom shelf......
A vintage bowl and canning jar filled with vintage red and green handled Kitchen utensils.....
The red and yellow doilies were bought in Michael's in the Dollar bins......
More chickens and roosters along with vintage fiesta ware and other vintage pieces like the salt and pepper shakers......

On the other side of the hutch, is another shelf that my Dad made........
Another vintage sifter and apron hang on the side of the shelf......
You can see I moved the bulletin board to this side of the hutch where it is less in the way and more out of sight......

Another vintage canister set rests on this shelf......

A green ware bowl is filled with wooden apples and the Mr. Peanut Man pays homage to the fact that Planter's Peanuts was founded here in Wilkes Barre, Pa.!!
 Underneath the shelf hangs a copper measuring set that I bought at a flea market almost 30 years ago......
 I hope you enjoyed seeing this part of my Kitchen.......
 In my next post, I will be sharing the desk part of the hutch and the lower half of the wall below the chair rail.......
So I hope you will be back to visit again soon.......
  I am linking up to these parties:

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party
Create and Celebrate Blog Party

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Friday's Five Features Party 
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Sweet Inspirations Link Party

 SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
 
 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Brag About It Tuesday Linky Party
Let's Talk Vintage 

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
Moonlight and Mason Jars Link Party
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
Wednesday AIM Linky Party
Waste Not Wednesday

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

13 comments:

  1. WOW! I could go shopping in your kitchen! So many things to look at and some neat stuff too! Hope you are doing well sweet lady. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will take the vintage cannister set, love that. You have everything so nice and orderly. I need help in that area.
    betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, I always love your vintage tins! That pitcher with the yellow rose is so cute and I adore Mr. Peanut man. We have found quite a few Mr. Peanut things in the estate I'm helping with. I refrained from buying any. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are so many interesting things in your kitchen. Thank you for sharing the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie there is always so much to take in, I love it all, what stood out was the phone on the wall and your sifter!! Lol
    Flash back of grandma. Thanks for sharing on Friday Features Linky Party http://bit.ly/2uWLbmy
    Come see us often, always enjoy seeing what you have been doing!!!
    Pinned and Tweeted.
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love vintage so this is cool to me, I love that you have things that your parents made or used in the past as part of your decorating, we've been married for 32 years and I still use things from when we first got married. Totally love the wire baskets too and you can't go wrong with using chickens and roosters in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have so many wonderful vintage and antique pieces, Deb! What an amazing collection. I enjoyed reading the prices on your 1940's advertisement--crazy, right?!! Hope you're having a great weekend--

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your vintage tin collection is my favorite! Thanks for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have so many lovely things Debbie, love the Coca Cola sign :) Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved looking at all of your interesting vintage things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your vintage kitchen Debbie. I too love your cute tins.
    Thanks for sharing at C&C with J&J.
    Enjoy the week.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Debbie, Love all the wonderful vintage items in your kitchen! You did a fantastic job on the hutch and you should be very proud of it. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Brag About It! Take care of you and Joe.
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many wonderful items, so beautiful all of them together! Thank you for sharing at Sweet Inspiration Link Party :)

    www.artdecorationcrafting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...