I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

My "New" Sitting Room Reveal, Part 3

Welcome to the final part of my "New" Sitting Room Reveal!!

In Part 1, I shared this part of my "New" Sitting Room.......
Click HERE if you missed that post.....

In Part 2, I shared this part.........
Click HERE if you missed that post.......

And in this post, I will be sharing this part of the room....
We will start over on the right side of the recliner.........
These shelves were left here after my son moved out.
When this room was his bedroom, all of his electronic equipment was housed on this shelves......

I took advantage of them for displaying some "pretties""!!
 The figurine of the Dad holding his baby girl reminds me of my Father and the "World's Greatest Grandpa" mug was given to my Dad as a gift from my sons.
 The table below the shelves is one of the pieces of furniture that I painted white....
One of the lamp shades that I embellished.......
   More of my collection of decor books.......
 Mostly Victorian decor.....
Over to the corner where the closet is.......
I made the dust ruffle from the linen set that I once had on the single bed in this room, into a valance
I hung it using a simple tension rod......
Hanging on the mirror on the closet door is Joe's Christening Gown, which both of my son;s also wore for their Christenings!
It is 62 years old!!!

 Minerva stands in front of the closet, which is used for storing seasonal clothing, a rug shampooer and craft supplies......
Minerva used to live in the Living Room, where she was decorated for various Holidays but not she finds her home in the Sitting Room......
Here she is dressed in her Victorian Finery.......
A pair of Victorian style boots sits at her base......
My Garden and Fall books and magazines are stored in this container on the side of my faux fireplace.....
And the last feature of this post is my faux fireplace!!
I can now sit in this room and enjoy my faux fire place!!!
On the wall........
Mostly old Home Interiors items, some of them I painted white....
Love the reflection in the mirror.....
On the "Mantel"......
A vintage crystal candle holder ( part of a pair) that was bought at Salvation Army, a Lighted Cottage plate and mini Victorian Houses......
   A bird cage rests on a pedestal that was flipped over........
An old Home Interiors shelf sits next to the pedestal......
A Victorian Boot filled with flowers......
The other vintage crystal candle holder and more mini Victorian Houses......
A lighted Victorian House plate......

In October, I will start to decorate the upstairs for Christmas and I can't wait to be able to enjoy my Christmas decorations in this room......
If you missed my post on the transformation of this piece of furniture from this......
  into a "fire place", please click HERE
First, let me show you what I store inside this piece......
Behind this door......
I store some of my old but cherished decorating magazines......
I went through and organized and labeled the containers......
You can see that they fit perfectly on the shelves.......
There is even some space to store loose magazines in between the containers which were ll bought at yard sales for 25 cents each!!
This opens up and flips down.......
Like this......
You can see that I have photo albums stored in here......
Stored behind this door.......
More magazines......
 So you can see that this piece provides some useful storage too!!
 Of course, I decorated around and inside the "hearth" area.......
Both of my son's Cabbage Patch Dolls sit on the floor on each side......
Inside the "fire box".........
Hanging is a Victorian style plaque that I made......
I painted this mini wicker set pink.......
You can see the power strip hanging on the wall on the side of the "fire place'. This enables me to plug in things easily and turn on all the lighting for the "fireplace' with a simple flip of the switch......
Hanging on the door to the room, is a Cross that I made for Easter.
  It hangs there because of lack of a better place to store it!!!And that ends my Tour of my "New" Sitting Room!!!!
This transformation took almost all Summer, in record breaking heat!!

I am so looking forward to Fall and Winter so I can get to spend some time in my new room without sweating to death!!

Today, August 17th, is Joe's 62nd Birthday!!

He will be retiring at the end of September.

Soon, I will be starting a Series of Posts about what we learned about preparing for Early Retirement......

So I hope you will be back to visit soon!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie
 
I will be linking up to these parties!!

Five Star Frou Frou Party-permanently open, link up anytime!!

THURSDAY
The Homemaking Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Idea Box- Thursday Linky Party
 Creative Ways Link Party
 Inspired Creations Linky Party
My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday
 Thoughts of Home on Thursday
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party

FRIDAY
Simple and Sweet Fridays
The Creative Exchange
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Friday's Five Features Party 

SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks


SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

MONDAY
Inspiration Mondays
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
Blue Monday
Make It Pretty Monday

TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
No Place Like Home Party
Wake Up Wednesdays
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
Creative Sparks Link Party



Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

15 comments:

  1. Simply BREATHTAKING Debbie!!! LOVE ITTTTTTTTTTT....I just love everything in that room, love the Christianing gown and love Minerva. I would love to visit and sit in that room. (we just won't discuss politics, giggling and smiles)

    Beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so snug looking, Debbie! How nice it will be in the Fall and Winter when you can relax with a good book or magazine and a cup of tea and just look at all your lovely decor. Happy Birthday to Joe, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Besides adding beautiful things to the room, I love your memory additions - your sons' dolls, your fathers mug... those are the things that add sweetness to life. I have a mug that says Mother from my mom. When she died, she had three mugs given to her at different times by her children. We each got a mug to keep. Unfortunately mine is in the cabinet. It would be sweet to display it but don't know where. You give me inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sitting room is lovely. I lobe the transformation of the fire place and a place dor the magazines. Great idea, and I really love the border it is so pretty and manerva well shes just the lady... Verything is lovely freat job. Happy Thursday with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your room, oh how I wish I could retire early! Looking forward to your post on retiring early! You really did a great job on your sitting room! So pretty, Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your room, oh how I wish I could retire early! Looking forward to your post on retiring early! You really did a great job on your sitting room! So pretty, Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the yellow, just brightens the room up so lovely, I like how you have displayed the christening gown and that is so neat that it was used by your hubby and the boys, makes for very special. Happy Belated Birthday to your hubby and I bet he is getting very excited about retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Debbie! Oh, my goodness, you've done it again! I love all of your pretties and always see many things I could take off your tiny hands! ;) Love your pink and yellow color scheme going on! The little christening gown is just beautiful! Thanks for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie, The room looks lovely and would be a wonderful place for you to relax. All of your things are displayed so nicely. The Christening gown is priceless! Hope Joe had a wonderful birthday! Take care of you and Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Debbie, I can find your post without a problem. The Debbie I referred to is someone I do not know. I have her last name on the note but I think you missed it. You did the right thing changing to a new blog. How frustrating.

    Part three of your sitting room is awesome. Your collection of treasures is amazing. It is like going back in time in a very charming way. My sister decorates totally Victorian and I have always loved the way Victorians used every space for their favorite things. Very pretty in every corner of the room. Enjoy.
    Thank you for joining in the fun of Blue Monday.
    xo, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything looks lovely.

    I can't believe that in your stack of books, I only have one of them.

    Thanks for sharing with SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As always, I could stare at these photos for hours! :)

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have two little girls ages 7, and 5 and they would go nuts over this room. They would just love it especially the dolls and the doll house. Very nice. Thanks for sharing @#wakeupwednesday

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Debbie, Popping over from Brag About It to thank you so much for sharing your posts with us this week. I hope things are finally cooling down at least a little! Take care of you and Joe! ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all of your decorations, but my favorite is the Christening gown. I love that it's an heirloom!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...